The purpose of this CCTV policy is to explain how information is used and captured using CCTV and retained by Cashel House Hotel and set out your rights in relation to such information.
Purpose of CCTV
Closed Circuit Television Systems (CCTV) is used by Cashel House Hotel and is installed at our hotel in line with the requirements of the business, as set out herein, and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
The purpose of the CCTV Systems are as follows:
Improving the safety and security of guests, visitors, employees and contractors by providing a means to investigate accidents and near misses so that risk management control measures can be implemented.
Providing reassurance to staff and guests that control measures are in place relating to their safety and security.
Providing assistance to local law enforcement authorities with reference to the investigation and prevention of crime.
Deterring persons from committing crimes and to enhance the opportunities for detecting those who do.
Discouraging anti-social behaviour including alcohol and drug-related crime on or about the premises.
CCTV systems for surveillance purposes are installed according to local laws and regulations. The hotel reserves the right to use information obtained by CCTV for disciplinary or performance purposes.
Access to CCTV Footage or Images
Access to the CCTV system and stored images is restricted to authorised Cashel House Hotel personnel only for the purposes set out above.
However, in appropriate circumstances, CCTV footage may be accessed:
- By local law enforcement authorities, where Cashel House Hotel is required by law to assist in the carrying out of an investigation into a crime or anti-social behaviour.
- By data subjects (or their legal representatives), pursuant to an access request where the time, date and location of the recordings is furnished to the hotel.
- By individuals (or their legal representatives) subject to a court order.
Retention Period and Security
The images captured by the CCTV is retained for a maximum of one month from the date of recording, except where longer storage of such images may be required to assist in any of the scenarios outlined above.
The images/recordings are stored in a secure environment with access strictly limited to those who are suitably authorised.
You have the right to request access to CCTV footage of you by sending an email to email@example.com or in writing to Cashel House Hotel, Cashel, Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland.
All requests will be dealt with in compliance with the duties and requirements imposed upon Cashel House Hotel as data controllers under the GDPR.
Individuals requesting access to CCTV images may be required to supply the following to assist the data request:
- Adequate information to enable the information to be efficiently identified and located on our system.
- Sufficient information to establish that the applicant has a legitimate right to request access.
- Proof of identification through photographic identification, for example passport or driving license.
- Possible payment for any incurred costs related to any editing or masking that may be required and/or any third party fees.