The COVID-19 Safety Charter for Tourism & Hospitality Businesses
UPDATED RESERVATIONS INFORMATION
The information below outlines our policy for taking bookings. For over 52 years now Cashel house has had the pleasure to welcome guests from all over the world. There have been a few changes to our normal operations and while we are all slowly adapting to this “new normal” it is important to remember they are there for everyone’s health and safety.
In keeping with government guidelines, we are now asking all customers with reservations or who are looking to make reservations at Cashel House to ensure, if you are travelling into Ireland from abroad, that you follow the guidelines appropriate to your country on self-isolation – currently 14 days isolation for all nationalities arriving into Ireland. Upon check-in, we will be checking the details of each reservation to ensure there has been no breach of the self-isolation guidelines. Anyone not a resident of Ireland may be asked to present flight tickets, covid test results etc. to demonstrate they have followed the guidelines. Failure to present satisfactory information may, unfortunately, cause the cancellation of your reservation.
We would ask you, prior to arrival at the hotel to contact us if you are unsure of the guidelines as they may pertain to you. We hope you understand our position and that the information regarding covid-19 is ever-changing with guidelines being updated frequently. The safety and well-being of all our guests and staff is our primary concern. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding at this time.
UPDATED GUEST INFORMATION
You are very welcome to Cashel House Hotel. We are delighted to have you stay with us either as a first-time visitor or as a returning guest. Please take time to read the below information on the new processes that are now being introduced. We ask for your forbearance and kind understanding as we implement these difficult changes to our normal operations.
- Please observe 2-meter social distancing in the public areas of the hotel & wash your hands regularly. Hand Sanitiser is also available in several locations. This is for your safety and that of fellow guests and staff. Please be mindful and respectful of everyone’s personal space.
- For your safety and in keeping with social distancing we will only service your room if requested to do so during your stay. If you require your bedroom to be serviced, please only inform reception (Dial 0 on room phone) the evening beforehand or before 10am. Please remember to ensure to place the “Room Free” sign outside your door when you leave your bedroom.
- If you require fresh towels only, please let reception know and they will be left outside your door. (These measures are being taken to minimise your contact with others.)
- Tea trays, toiletries, dressing gowns, slippers, extra pillows, blankets, tissue boxes, etc. have been removed from all bedrooms. If you require any of these items, please let reception know.
- We ask that you make a reservation for dinner each day. Due to social distancing, most days there will be two dinner sittings, one at 6.30pm and the other at 8pm. To avoid long delays when the hotel is busy it is best to book an early seating as we now have fewer tables. As per Failte Ireland’s guidelines each guest is allocated a maximum of 105 minutes in the dining room at 1 metre distancing. Times and table allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Currently and until the 10th of August, alcoholic beverages can only be served as part of a substantial meal in the dining room or served to guest’s bedrooms. Guests are not permitted to bring alcohol beverages from their room into public areas of the hotel. If you wish to have your after-dinner coffee/tea in the lounge/bar you are permitted to drink an after-dinner drink if ordered as part of your dinner order.
- Should you wish to have a contactless checkout please let reception know and we can put a copy of your bill under your bedroom door for you to check and process your debit/credit payment by using the card provided with your reservation or you can advise us of a new card number if preferred.
- Each of our public lounges has a maximum number of people that can be accommodated for and this number is posted in each room. Please note this maximum number may reduce depending on party sizes and social distancing regulations. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Breakfast is served between 8:15am and 10:00am. Our dining room capacity has reduced by 50% so to avoid waiting delays please arrive early. To reduce contact interaction, we are no longer offering buffet breakfast or serving food to the bedrooms. If you require room service during your stay please notify reception on check in.
- As we are closed to non-residents, with reduced seating and our guests usually lunching out we have removed our afternoon tea & bar snack lunch menus. Restaurants in Roundstone and Clifden are open and taking lunch reservations.
- Hotel sanitation has now increased cleaning and service workloads in each department by almost 30% so please forgive us if we are running a little slower than usual. Our new check-in time is after 3:30pm and check-out time is before 11am to allow for the extra time.
We thank you for your corporation and understanding during these changing times. If you have any questions or would like further clarification on any of the new measures please contact us at reception. The guidelines we receive are from a live document and will change over the next few weeks. We will update this information sheet as we receive the updates from Failte Ireland.